Friday, January 19, 2007

we made it--sam is amazing!!!!

Planes late and luggage lost but we made it to Lithuania...First time able to blog but found an internet cafe so can blog more often..More importantaly we met Sam-Marty. He is beautiful and sweet and every bit as anxious to have a family as we were told...He had a calandar on the wall in his room counting down the days until we came..We had him all day today but had to return him to the orphanage tonight..He cried, I cried, the workers cried...Chip did not ( He wants me to tell you all that..) One problem is that the chair we brought him was broken on the trip..I can fix easy enough but not till we get home...so please pray that we can transport him comfortably and safely..
First impressions of him -- his back is worse than we thought but his spirit, determination, intelligence are far greater than we anticipated..Very high pain tolerance..Much more talkative than we expected...In a word he is AMAZING....We do not need to worry that Sam has lacked for affection--everyone at the orphanage seems to adore him..caregivers dote on him --even the orphanage MD was in tears telling us how she loves and will miss him.....In fact, I think he could be a bit spoiled......we'll work those kinks out later....
Please continue to pray for Chips back and hamstrings --dx a little "wonkey" (medical ling0) but overall OK....These long journeys are hard on him--

Thank you for your prayers and your kind words of encouragement--- God is at work..always is...

Love, K

7 comments:

Laura said...

WOW!! One of the "Aunts Fabuluous" is speechless. Imagine that! Sounds like you all had an amazing day. Still praying for God to work on the heart of the judge so the waiting period can be waived. Hope to see you soon. Love you all.

aunt lee lee said...

Both are speechless. He sounds like an amazing person. Fits perfectly with you and Chip. A family of your own. Pretty neato, huh? I love you

aunt lee lee said...

Hey this is Sarah! hi my uncle chiperooni and my phsycotic aunt I have prayed for you everyday since I heard you were adopting Marty.I am not suprised that he is spoiled,he is sooo cute!!!! When you get into the land of the free bring him right here to us!! but be careful we might kidnap him (he could be the brother I never had)!! I love yall 3 so very much
!) :) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo(enough hugs and kisses for all of yall)BYE:>

aunt lee lee said...

I have read and reread this blog a hundred times. What a perfect match. You are so very blessed and I am so happy for you (happy seems like such a lame word right now because I feel so much more than that). Love, me

sarah said...

I am so excited for you that you finally got to meet your little boy and the love of your life. It reaffirms my belief in divine intervention. I will pray for good news on Monday and I can't wait for you to bring him home. What a lucky little boy that he has so many people anticipating his homecoming, fighting over who gets to be "Aunt Fabulous!" and he has his own one of a kind original bedroom tent made especially for him by the Smith-Huey designers! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

elisabeth said...

thanks for keeping us up-dated!!What a great story and blessing it sounds like he is. Will keep praying for God's will to be done.

kay said...

Can't believe you were able to take him for an entire day! The Russians and Ukrainians are much more difficult than that! Such a blessing! Will be praying about transportation issues and waivers. Can anyone there help to fix the chair? Can't wait to meet Sam!