Monday, January 22, 2007

Court Part 1

We went to court today and the judge decided that she wanted Martynas to testify in person. So she stopped the hearing and we go back again tomorrow so that Marty can join us. Our lawyer said that this was "very strange"---I thought to myself, hang out with me long enough and the strange things become common occurance...Anyway, we go back to court again tomorrow at 1 pm. We are pretty sure Marty will tell the judge that he wants to be adopted by us but we slipped him a few pieces candy tonight just to seal the deal = )..Seriously, Im a little nervous--kids are kids...... God is in control....and as Kay reminded me...He is Good! Thank you all and keep up the prayers..

Tonight after the court hearing we went back to the orphanage. We did not take Marty home to the apartment becasue it was too late. We tried to (through an interpreter) explain that tomorrow he would go to a big building and would talk the nice lady judge (we may have stretched the truth a bit there bc I am not convinced this judge is "nice") . However, this was not what marty wanted to talk about --all he wanted to talk about was the kitchen in which we can "cook the sausages." He told the interpreter many details of our kitchen--there are two shiny chairs, specific foods we had in the refrigerator.....Unless we have the court hearing in a kitchen Im not sure it will sustain his attention...

I though of something todya that I wanted to mention--Several days ago Marty told his caregivers that his "mother is very beautiful"...but ...his "daddy is even more beautiful"...

Speaking of the Daddy--he has been banned from blogging...at least all future blogs will be censored!

So prayer warriors--get busy tomorrow we go again....Love , K

14 comments:

aunt lee lee said...

Back to court tomorrow? What a bummer. I'm sure Marty will do just fine, it certainly sounds like he adores you guys. And he certainly sounds like a daddy's boy! We're still praying here in Georgia, Emily even asked to pray when we got to school "Lord, please make the judge send Marty home soon and also make Justin think i look cute in this scarf" What can you say? Love me

Laura said...

I love you, baby sister and am praying. Let us know what happens asap.

Gigi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gigi said...

hey there, i was hoping to hear things were done and you're packing out but this seems to be a step in the right direction. first of all it's not a "no" and secondly, if he charms her like he has charmed all of us then it's in the bag baby! we'll pray that the judge has the eyes to see that marty is at home w/his beautiful mom and even more beautiful daddy (melting my heart!), how deeply he loves you and that a waiting period would NOT benefit you guys in this case, especially for sambo's sake.

by the way, if he thinks the kitchen in a post-communist country is thrilling what is he gonna think about his very own kitchen in SC!!!! did you tell him his kitchen in SC is gigantic? give him the association that going to america now=sausages in his very own kitchen!!!! heck, we'll even let him cook the sausages right?! sausages or not, he's going to do great tomorrow, i just know it.

we love you, gigi and rest

fyi-i'm the one that deleted a comment. i screwed up--oops

aunt lee lee said...

this is sarah=)hello guys and gals,hope that tomorrow is better than today for yall,I am praying(once again)that everything goes fine.I cannot wait to see my baby brother(tee hee!)If anything goes wrong,call me and I will fix that judge I love yall so very much, send my love to Marty.xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxlove,
Rah-Bug

aunt lee lee said...

Hey! Gigi, great idea with the sausages in the S.C. kitchen! We know that marty will kick fanny tomorrow, he has found the most fabulous forever family, love to all. (and i am so not kidding about calling your congressman if the 40 days isn't waived!!!!!!!) Me

sarah said...

I just know that they will send him home with you now once they talk to him. Just remember, as Gigi said, "This is not 'no.'" It is just one more step on the road to yes. He is going to tell the judge how much he wants to go home with Mama and Daddy (the good looking bunch that they are) and not back to the orphanage and she is not going to be able to resist him. I will keep you in my prayers tonight. Keep us posted!

Gigi said...

Diane Moore was having trouble posting. She and Doug said to tell you that they praying for the judge and thrilled for you guys.

Ling: I think the sausage plan is a good one. Plus, I told K he's a marketing genius...he knows right where to get us with those precious smiles and expressions!

I'm jealous you guys will get to see Sam immediately but thrilled that he has such a wonderful family to come home to! Save a kiss or two for me please:)

Tash said...

Phil 4:6 "Don't be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." You and Chip have a pure and selfless heart for your beautiful son. I pray the Judge sees that today, and you will be closer to bringing him home where you can continue to spoil him. You are a wonderful mom already, just for having loved him in your thoughts and heart first.

Semwife said...

We're praying.

Dave & Eve

Jan said...

We're following your posts almost hourly!!. Know that we are standing with you in prayer and expectation! Can't wait to see how God works!
Jan for us all

boysallthree said...

Hey Chip and Kristen,
You guys asked us to pray and we dropped the ball, however, last night Greg wrote this great story about Marty's adoption and this morning I woke up talking about you guys getting Marty. I ran to the computer to find out and have prayed twice (to make up for yesterday).
I would give just about anything to see you guys toting Marty around, while he calls Chip "testicle-dolly". I laughed so hard at that, I thought I would pee. TMI - I know! Anyway, we love you guys and know that as all things are controlled by God (thank goodness) and not by us,things will work out according to His plan for His glory. I can't wait to hear how court goes today. Again, we love you and are praying for you.

jillann said...

Hi,
I have not seen or spoke to you in awhile but Lisa keeps me posted on what is going on in your lives. I hope all goes well today in court and my prayers are with you and your family. Marty will be blessed to have ya'll as his parents. I also know Lisa is very excited about being an aunt again!!! Take care and God Bless!!!
Jill

aunt lee lee said...

Praying like crazy here. Jan, I was beginning to feel a little obsessive about leaving the blog up and just refreshing it hourly (ok, sometimes more often) You made me feel more sane=)! K sent some pics and there is one on her smiling at Marty, she has never smiled as wide nor looked as beautiful. It is breathtaking. Marty has the biggest deer eyes and amazing long lashes. A truly gorgous boy!