Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Gang,

Thanks so much for joining with us in our joy and praise to God. I've never seen K so happy - way more happy than when we got married! =)
Sam spent his first night with us last night. He slept like a log. He actually slept between K and me; we were excited to discover this morning that neither of us had crushed him. Elona, our faithful guide and counselor, called this morning to check on us and Sam. She spoke to him on the phone. She asked Sam what he'd like her to tell us (they were speaking Lithuanian) or if he needed anything. He answered simply, "Tell my mama and daddy I love them." That was it. Wow.
K wants me to tell you a bit more about Sam's session with the judge yesterday. The judge asked Sam is he was aware that we do not speak Lithuanian. His answer was "Yes, of course!" Then came the question about how he'll communicate with us, to which he answered, "I will learn English!" What a kid.
We'll spend the remainder of this week hanging out with Sam at the apartment and getting him out in situations with lot's of people. We're at the Internet Cafe right now, Sam in tow. Our next stop is the grocery store then a leisurely walk, followed by dinner at a little resterant nearby.
Seems like we have a temporary fix for the jogger, an answer to prayer, but please ask the Lord to cause it to hold up.
I guess that's it for now. We'll continue to keep ya'll posted. Thanks again for your love and prayers. We've seen God work; it's pretty cool.
Grace and peace,
Chip

7 comments:

kay said...

Get used to it, Chip. Brad would probably say that he STILL plays second fiddle ever since Jed entered our lives. He's probably on the third fiddle by now!

So glad there is a fix for the stroller. Will continue to pray that it holds up.

I'm smiling all the time these days, just thinking of you THREE Hueys. How's work on "Deddy" progressing? It must be a thing with that part of the world. The Russian word for Daddy is Papa, but they say it to sound like poopa. Brad wasn't pleased, either!

The bible study met last night. Lots of joy, and we're still praying for the remainder of the adventure.

Michael Will said...

Chip and Kristin,

Christy and I have been blessed abundantly as we've followed this glorious adventure that the Lord is leading you on. He is an amazing God! It sounds as if He has given you an amazing child.

We, too, will continue to pray with you and with all these other precious folks that the Lord has blessed your lives with, for the rest of your journey. God is faithful. He has proven that to us over and over again, not that He needs to, but because in His wondrous love for us He has chosen to. Praise Him!!!

In Christ's Love,

Michael

Laura said...

I just don't have the words that can adequately express what I'm feeling. I know that my sister is such a beautiful soul with so very much to offer Sam and she will be a wonderful mommy. I also know that Sam will bring joy beyond imagination to our entire family.

aunt lee lee said...

Oh, I can only imagine how k must be right now! And you! I know that Sam is the perfect child for you! Don't you just love snuggling? It's one of the best parts to being a parent! Em still won't let me out of bed on Saturdays without her first getting in and snuggling. My sister is such an amazing person. She still helps me with the whole "grown up thing" actually, both of my sisters are pretty amazing. I am the blessed younger sister of 2 amazing women! (and that's why i still blame them for anything!=)! Still praying! Love me

aunt lee lee said...

this is Sarah!:) hello pples i am soo glad marty is finally ours, I am actually still shaky with this idea and i have soo many Q's 1st will Marty like me,Im not so good with kids,when i was little id look at Emily and make her scream! When yall go places out off state or anyplace else, wil you send us postcards I so enjoyed getting them?Well i love u 3 sooo much stay safe and good luck with the chair!):):|:>=)=(=}=]xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxxooxoxoxooxoxoxooxxooxoxooxoxobye

sarah said...

OK, now the tears came. What a wonderful soul in this little boy. I know that this must be such an amazing time for him and both of you. Enjoy your time together. You should keep a journal, so that you can remember every minute of this.

Gigi said...

i keep trying to think of something profound to say so here goes:

YEE HAAAWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

how was that?

honestly, we remain speechless as we gaze upon the work of God's hands through this entire process. You never stopped seeking Him through the thick and thin of this journey and it's been amazing to witness. thanks for trusting us to be a part of this process through prayer and THANKSGIVING! i'm incredibly proud of you.

WE LOVE YOU.
G, T and Little P