Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sat 20 JAN

Great day with Marty. We took him to a mall this morning and he loved it..He was especially impressed with the plastic guns in the toy store and the Zamboni machine at the the ice rink--(the driver waived to him) ...Elona, from the Law Center was with us this morning to interpret--which was a huge help. We learned that Marty likes fried fish and sausage and that is about it...We asked him what type of juice he wanted--and he said "juice from a bottle"--(We taught him to drink from a bottle yesterday--initially he was putting his mouth around the entire opening and trying to drink that way.... ) This afternoon we were together, just me, chip and Marty at our apartment.

To recap --Thursday we met Marty and played at the orphanage with him most of the day.. He knew us immediately and said "Mama" and "Daddy" when he saw us.

Fri morning we went back to the orphanage and he was waiting watching for us from the window..Again.arms open "Mama" "Daddy"..We tried to go to a resturaunt but Marty became frightened. We did not want to traumatize him so we left. He later told the interpreter that he likes to eat at home not at the resturaunt..exposure to my cooking and that will certainly change..It was just too new for him..We spent the rest of the day at the apartment..He likes books, puzzles, balls, remote control cars, and markers (NOT crayons) ...he is content and very happy We were scared that he would want to go bak to the orphanage but he definately did not and cried both nights when we had to take him back..

Again we still have the problem of a w/chair . I carried him most of the time today--so pray aobut the broken chair...---\\\love, \K\

\\Now here's the really important stuff: today we watched, on Lithuanian national TV, an episode of Fat Albert from the early 1970's - dubbed in Lithuanian. The power of the moment was utterly lost on Sam. I have my work cut out for me. Chip

9 comments:

aunt lee lee said...

What a busy couple of days for your little family. I believe that Sam will do just fine with your cooking, it has to beat what he's used to eating. Fried fish and sausage??!! I'm glad that you were able to spend time alone with him at the apartment. Dad's here so i'll let him jabber a bit. Love L

aunt lee lee said...

Tee hee hee, Dad got a little frustrated with my computer and will type tomorrow. He's so funny, but he said to tell you guys that he loves you all and is praying for each of you

aunt lee lee said...

This is Sarah!Hello again my coocoo
family i love to here all about Marty on your blogs please keep sending info on everyone there and stay safe ,you 3 are always in my prayers(and mind)I have been telling my friends and teachers all about my little Marty cant wait to see you all be safe xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo etc etc sarah:)

aunt lee lee said...

From Uncle Dave:
Well I'm happy to hear someone likes fried fish! I guess I've got alot of fishing to do this year. I think Marty will be amazed at the pictures of 4 foot King Mackerels and 15 pound dolphins. We are already talking about having a fish fry and getting him in the pool this summer - what fun! Don't forget our yearly July 4th bash - we will have to do an extra good fireworks so I guess we need to start conditioning him to loud noises early this year.
Love to you all - Dave

sarah said...

Sounds like you guys are having a blast! I am so glad that things are going so well in these first few days. And as for your cooking, I agree with ling ling ping sing, Sam will do just fine. And if it is too bad, he can always come to my house for homemade soup (even if I'm sick!) Hope your day tomorrow is as good as today was.

Gigi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gigi said...

This is Aunt Gigi, Uncle Todd and Little P!

Chip, what a relief to know that Fat Albert's made his way to Lithuania-whew-Hip-hip for Liberation!! ling ping, have you eaten k's cooking? ;)

Seriously, we are jumping stumps for you guys! Kiss Marty from all of us. We along with our posse are praying for Monday.

We love you!
Gigi

kay said...

I was planning to make loads of soup for you guys when you return. Not sure if I have any recipes for fried fish and sausage stew. Will have to check on that...

kay said...

Dear Miss Kristin and Mr. Chip,
I pray that you will have a safe trip home and Sam will be okay on the plane ride. I like fried fish and sausage, too. I think we will be close to liking the same things. I like plastic guns, too.
Love, Jed

Dear Miss Kristin and Mr. Chip,
I wish Sam could walk. And sorry the wheelchair broke. He loves his dad. I will love to play with him.
Love, Natasha