Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday 28 January

It's Sunday afternoon here, 1230 pm. The day is lovely, beautiful, clear sky, crisp temp and a fresh snow fall. kristin writing as Sam is quite content at the moment. he has a wolf mask and has shouted to everyone in the computer store to take note of it...so much for our shy little boy..C has instructed me not to bore you with details but I am a proud mama so that will be difficult. Sam continues to make us laugh constantly.. One of our favorite tricks is to watch him surprise the wait staff at resturaunts when he speaks proficient Lithuanian .. last night he requested a pizza (which he does not eat by the way) .. When told by the waitress that they did not serve pizza, he told he that they serve pizza at acropolis--the mall -that he had been there with his parents--and they have an ice rink-then he proceeeded to introduce himself and we think ask the waitress her name... Of course we are guessing at most of this from he few words of Lithuanina we know -- but he is also quite expressive, even non-verbally--nothing like we had imagined--
His English is progressing in an interesting manner--So far
penguin, belly-button, thank you, "Oh my goodness!", sun, baby, mouse, ..
Well the rascal is getting a bit bored timne to reach into my mammy bacpack of activities...
Now from Chip- We love you all very much and thanks for praying for us and for thinking of us. Our prayer requests are simple: 1. that the Lord will carry us through the process of fininshing the details here and getting home, especially helping us in light of my bad back and the resulting pressure put on Kristin and, 2. that the Lord will do His regenerative work in Sam and equip Kristin and I for the task of parenting in Christ.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Chip, Kristin and Sam,
I caught up on all your adventures when I returned from TDY. Daily diaries and pictures are the only proof that this has all happened to you three. It is also a profound truth that it is not the big things (judges ruling) that challenge us most but the attendant details (joggers breaking and chewing gum) that cause us to grow. May God's grace rain upon you in full measure as you face the "little" details.

Gigi said...

hi guys,

chip, i think you have a little kristin on your hands my friend! his personality sounds like you kris and he looks more and more like chip to me. by the way, happy bday chip. you know it's sort of your fault k missed your bday...you just HAD to schedule it in the midst of this most exciting time;)

we're praying and love you three.
aunt gigi and rest

aunt lee lee said...

I agree gigi, acts like k, looks like c. And we don't mind the proud mama prattle! Remember how much you had to listen to (and still do)? Not a bore at all! And sounds like such a cutie! And Chet is right, it is the little details! Love, me

Daniel Faunce said...

Wow, I have just finished reading everything and I am so excited to hear about God's faithfulness! Sam sounds incredible and I can't wait to meet him! Chip, I am sorry about your back and I am praying. Congratulations on becoming a daddy, sounds like you are doing a great job! Kris, I am soooo happy for you. I know this is answer to a lot of prayer. I pray you will enjoy every minute. I know it will be hard work but that you will feel God's blessing through it all! Love, Maria