Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 6

Sam is doing better, but he's still in a funk. We're going to leave the hospital even though Sam is still not eating or drinking. We're hoping his spirits and intake improve with a change of scenery. Pain is manageable, but of course moving him is still not pleasant. We have rented a reclining wheelchair, so even though Sam can't sit upright, he will be more mobile.

Though we have a long road ahead (another surgery in a few months and the aggravation of not being able to sit until then) this surgery was still a success; Sam's back is straight. He's almost a foot taller. It's incredible.

Thank you so much for the emails and especially the prayers. Good night...K


3 comments:

vanilla143 said...

Oh God you love Sam more the anyone else can. We ask that you wrap him with your peace and love. Give the rest of the family strength to meet the needs of Sam. Give K & C wisdom in any decisions that need to be made. Heal Sam's body quickly so that the next surgery can take place. amen

kaycarlton said...

Your friends in SC are praying for y'all daily. I've got my young prayer warriors on the job! Hi to Sam from all of us!

Vianne said...

Hueys,
I am so glad you told me about your blog. I read the entire thing so that I am caught up on everything. I am in awe of you guys! All 4 of you are so lucky to have each other and clearly meant to come together as a family. What a beautiful series of God winks. Please keep us all up to date as Sam transitions home. Tanner and I would love to come see you guys when you are ready for visitors in VA.