Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Silly String???

We still have a few hurdles to cross, but it looks like we will fly THIS Saturday (23 OCT)! Hoooray!!! I booked our tickets yesterday. We have a direct flight on Delta arriving in Atlanta at about 3:45 pm. I don't remember the flight number but it's the only Delta flight from Bogota that day. Isa still needs medical clearance, ICBF (Child and Family Services in Colombia) clearance, and a US visa. Please pray that we obtain these things without any glitches.

A funny thing happened a few days ago. I thought I bought silly string. As we began to introduce Isa to silly-string -fights, we were surprised to learn that I had mistakenly bought colored hairspray! God used my mistake to bond a family together with green hair. He really does have a sense of humor!

We are truly amazed at how God has worked in our family over these last few weeks. Isa is still shy and scared, but the difference in her demeanor is truly astounding. She now interacts and laughs. We all have a long way yet to go, but we have no doubt that He who brought us this far will bring us all home. To God be the glory. K

2 comments:

Deborah Hodge said...

Praise God!!! So happy for ya'll. Can't wait to meet the new Huey clan. Sam, you have a big job to fulfill-the job of a brother. From what I understand you are already pretty good at this new job. I want to also learn spanish soooooooooooo those learning prepare to teach me too. May God continue to bless and have a safe flight home. Love Deborah H.

Bill, Misty, Will, and Laura Ann said...

Can't wait to see you all!!!!