Wednesday, October 6, 2010

40th Birthday Bash in Bogota







After dinner last night, the hotel staff set a beautiful cake (which I was somewhat anticipating) in front of me and THEN...in marched a mariachi (sp?) band (which I was NOT expecting) !!! We had a Colombian Birthday Party with music and dancing for the rest of the evening. The other families, parents AND children, the band, and even the hotel staff were all out on the "dance floor". It was wonderful. After dancing last night, I am here to tell you that forty IS the new thirty!! In my wildest dreams I never thought I would have such a party. The best part of all is that Isa allowed us to photograph her in a somewhat normal pose. (Long awaited pictures to follow.) She even took initiative to pick out a card and small gift for me. After the tension with the family of the other teenager over the last few days (see previous blog), last night was especially sweet. We are blessed. K

4 comments:

Gigi said...

Oh how I wish we could have celebrated with you! I was just talking about your bday on monday (knowing it was this week sometime but keeping with our trend...I couldn't recall which day this week;). You are not off the hook just bc you had a fancy bday bash in Columbia! So glad it was special day!!! Happy 40, I know you've received one of the best gifts ever having Isa safe along side u! I miss and love u. Gigi

Deborah Hodge said...

I can envision seeing u dancing and Sam rooting u on with Isa looking on. Chip has had time to get used to you by now so no biggie. I know all of you were so happy. Sam, please help your sister and Dad in giving your mom 40 BIG kisses from all of us that love ya'll so much. Praying Edd and Deborah H ps(who told it was your birth

Deborah Hodge said...

day) Was it u Sam? best wishes for safety. I think God can handle that for u. He is a great and mighty God. Edd and Deborah

Hoys said...

K, Is it possible you're 40? Where does the time go? But I guess since I'm 35, it only makes sense! :) Happy Birthday, my friend! I have a feeling this is one that you won't soon forget. So glad that, as always, you are seeing God's faithful blessings through the trials. You guys are amazing! Praying for you and can't wait to meet your sweet children someday. Love, Lesley