Friday, May 16, 2008

9:32 PM Very Good Day

We had a hunka-hunka, burnin' good day!  Chip here.  Sam and I just finished watching Lilo and Stitch.  The closing song to the movie is "Burning Love," by my fellow Mississippian, Elvis.  Yep, Kristin is trusting me to stay with Sambo tonight at the hospital - "The inmates are running the asylum!!!"  

Sam had a very good day.  They cut him loose from all his IV's, monitoring stuff and the catheter.  He felt better as the day went on.  With Phys. Therapy's help, we transferred him out of the bed and into his wheelchair - twice.  The first time the pain was acute when we moved him from the chair back to the bed.  The second time we put him in the chair was much less painful, even when we moved him back to the bed.  Those are huge steps forward.  

The doc showed us X-Rays of Sam's hips.  He's going to set off metal detectors, but the outward product, his new hips, look great.  Sam's morale is high.  Kristin will finally get some sleep.  And as I look at this suddenly energized kid, I'm missing the sleepy effect of the morphine.  I think I got him too worked up with my dancin' and singin' along with the King.  

"I'm just a hunka-hunka, burnin' love, I'm just a hunka-hunka, burnin' love..."  

No comments: