Friday, February 2, 2007

Friday- FEB 2, 2007




About a week ago winter hit Lithuania in earnest. The snow is piling up everywhere. Rather than salt, they tend to "dirt" the roads and sidewalks here. They don't really plow the roads or shovel the sidewalks-they just kind of ride/walk on top of the snow. I've only seen two snow plows and one of those was at the US Embassy yesterday. Unfortunately the jogger is wider than the narrow paths created so I'm getting a real workout. Praise God however, the jogger continues to hold up even though it is often pushed through 18 inches of snow.


When we are out, which is usually several times a day, the boy looks like a Michelin Man - unable to bend his arms for all the layers.


Yesterday we spent the afternoon (ALL afternoon) at the US Embassy. Sam was incredibly patient--well, patient after I declared that he "would not get on the floor-and that was a FACT!" He understood that much English and after that resigned himself to sitting in my lap or a chair. There was a slight hiccup with our paperwork at the Embassy but the Vice Consulate (who appeared to be all of 16 years old!) helped us out.


All is well here. Ready to get back to the States though. Miss you all--Love , k

PS Computer is acting up today and will not show pics--sorry K

1 comment:

aunt lee lee said...

I have to tell you i love you tons. I was telling my friend rebecca about you today and talking about how zany you are, (not a bad thing=)! and just wanted you to really know what a wonderful person you are....you never cease to amaze me. Now get you booty home. If your gone much longer i'll have to pay for professional therapy! Love my little family! Me