Thursday, January 9, 2014

Only 6:55 pm?!

Another long day, but Chip just informed me that is only 6:55 pm. How is this possible? I am ready for bed. Beginning tomorrow we have the boys 24/7, in a small apartment , in Lithuania, where the weather is suppose to be bad this weekend. Eieieieiiii! The boys are good boys, but they are BOYS! Everything is a contest. Farting, burping, running, jumping, hitting....I grew up with sisters, (you know talking and playing Barbies) but Chip assures me this is normal boy behavior. I do not know about that, but I do know boys are exhausting. Today we had a first -- McDonalds! Fries a hit, but surprisingly, the burgers not so much. The boundary testing continues, but we have learned that they do understand , "no." and so far, no ABSOLUTE fits! But remember, especially as you pray that we can not provide man on man coverage, its two on three. Tomorrow we go again to the Doctor for more shots-- no fun there, but an opportunity to comfort. Leaving the orphanage will be more difficult than we first thought because the women there truly love these boys. It is the best orphanage I have ever seen, a million times better than Sam's and much better than the many others I have visited. Tonight my heart breaks for the children we will leave behind tomorrow, especially Laurynas, a handsome, sweet, smart boy who plays with us every day. Please pray for him tonight and for our three boys, who will leave the only home they have ever known. I know I am redundant (and I repeat myself, and say things over and over..) but I will say it again, we are truly thankful for you and your prayers. Now I sleep.

No comments: