Friday, March 9, 2007

Joy









Home a month and our house is truly full of joy.

I'm sure the "Are you guy's crazy?" thought crossed many of your minds when we first told you about Sam and his medical issues. To be honest it crossed our minds once or twice - especially as we were preparing to leave for Lithuania. However, after our first meeting with him we haven't looked back. I can truly say we have no regrets. I'm sure every parent can relate.

We are at times sad when we think about the potential pain and heartache that lie ahead. But it's kind of hard to stay down too long around Sam . His joy is infectious.

Just this week Sam seemed to wrap his brain and heart around the concept that he is here to stay. Several times he smiled and said, "like house", "like room", "like a lot"....and my favorite-- "Mama, Daddy, and Sam forever and ever and ever". Another favorite, just out of the blue- he will sometimes say, "I so happy, I SO happy!" And he is--- the boy wakes up happy and goes to bed happy. We're having a lot of fun in the Huey house these days..

Next week we have an appointment with the Neuro surgeon here in Columbia. We don't necessarily expect a different prognosis but will use the opportunity to obtain a second opinion and to ask questions.

Thank you again for all your support..K

PS I will post some pics tomorrow- out of time tonight..

1 comment:

aunt lee lee said...

i love my boy!!!!!!! you are an amazing mom! YOU ROCK!!!! my cutie patootie is always on my mind and in my prayers! he has the sweetest voice ever! You know i love you all, L